Serenading the Senses- Designing Multi Sensory Experiences!

The latest fad on Instagram that has all the women (and quite a few men) swooning is this account called “Hot Dudes Reading.” The idea was simply an extension of daily observations. And only a couple of weeks after the account was created, it already had more than 300K followers!

#HotDudesReading is proof of the fact that we may have the most amazing technologies, but certain things, like a good paperback book, are a large part of the human imagination. In our interactions with retailers, we at Intelligence Node find that there are certain such things, or maybe sensations even, that unconsciously influence our decisions on the path to purchase.

We have been studying how the modern and very aware mind is also compelled by brilliant retailers, to think over a negative and purchase an item! A popular term now, ‘neuromarketing,’ is often used by large retailers to understand their consumers’ responses to marketing stimuli.

After associating with some of the progressive retail houses, we have also deduced that modern day retailers are taking neuromarketing to a new level. Now, it has become clear, that only 5% of our buying decisions are made consciously- the remaining and staggering 95%- are influenced!

Continue reading “Serenading the Senses- Designing Multi Sensory Experiences!”